The Internet has long become an integral part of our life. Analysts suggest that in the near future, people will completely switch to online purchases, and offline stores will become a rarity, something like an antique salon. Today, those who first decide to try online shopping are wondering: what to choose – shopping locally or online? First of all, making purchases on the Internet, you need to be very careful, because no one is protected from deception, especially in the world wide web.
What is online shopping?
Online shopping is a purchase, for which you do not need to leave your office or apartment. You also do not need to stand in traffic jams or go by bus to the shopping center. That is why shopping in the online store is very convenient, and when there is still a promotional code, it is very profitable. Today, you can make bargains in almost any country. World famous trading companies support this popular trend. It is also necessary to mention the quick search for the right product – after all, virtual systems usually have special systems that allow them to speed up the search as much as possible. It becomes clear why more and more people prefer online shopping to offline purchases.
Obvious advantages of shopping online
- Saving time. This item is not subject to doubt. When you have free time after work or on weekends, you will always find more important things than going to the mall. And you can make a purchase in the online store at any time convenient time, you only need to have access to the world wide web. Buying goods in the online store takes 10-15 minutes. To purchase exactly the same product in a local store, you will need at least an hour to get to the store and back. Home delivery is especially convenient for people who cannot leave the home because they are sick: in this case, they can order drugs online, for example, at Pharmacy Mall;
- Pleasant purchases on holidays. Traditionally, there are always huge crowds in the stores before major holidays. And do not forget about the endless traffic jams! Online shopping eliminates this nightmare and becomes an irreplaceable way out of the situation, especially if you do not like crowds and prefer to choose the necessary goods in a meditative way. By making a purchase via the Internet, you can safely reserve a product in the right quantity, pay for it and get it in your hands on a holiday;
- Saving money. Most online stores have a certain range of goods, especially household appliances, is cheaper than in a regular store. And online stores regularly offer profitable promotions and discounts. Thinking about what to choose – offline or online purchases, you should take note of this fact – often local stores resell goods purchased from online stores with a surcharge of more than 200%, which is understandable, because ordinary stores pay a lot of money for rent and advertising, and online stores are cheaper to maintain, and therefore they have lower margins. Online stores do not need to have a huge staff. Also today, many of these stores offer free shipping around the world. So if you approach the choice of an online store correctly, you can save money and spend serious money on other pleasant things;
- Unusual purchases. If you search with enthusiasm, you can find online stores that sell unusual, rare and very beautiful things, exclusive goods or handicrafts, which are difficult to find in local stores;
- The choice of payment method. You can choose and it is always nice.
So, the pros of online shopping are obvious. But do not rush to make a cross on ordinary stores! To be objective, let’s note the disadvantages of online shopping.
Possible online shopping problems
- Expensive delivery. If you live in a distant city, sometimes delivery will cost more than the goods you ordered. Of course, you can find a way out of this situation – reach minimum order quantity and get free delivery (if possible). There is also an opportunity to receive a parcel by mail;
- Return problems. Courier may deliver you defective goods. Choosing clothes and shoes in the online store, you can order the wrong size. Or the thing may look bad, although the photos on the network were great. In such cases, you can demand the exchange of goods or the return of money. But the trouble is that the procedure for the return and exchange of goods in some online stores is complicated to such an extent that many people simply do not even want to get involved with it. Therefore, before making a purchase on the Internet, be sure to review the terms of return and exchange;
- Long (sometimes very long!) delivery. If you use postal services to receive an order, you may need to wait very long, especially if your order is delivered on holidays. Post office workers are not robots, and on holidays they have so much work so they can easily mix the address of the parcels. Therefore, to avoid misunderstandings, we recommended that you make orders in advance;
- Loss of the parcel. If the order is delivered via mail, it can be lost and the customer simply does not receive the goods. If he has already paid for the products, he will have to go through an unpleasant procedure, demanding the return of his money;
- The risk of being deceived. Alas, when making an online purchase, there is a possibility to lose money and ever get the order. To avoid such sad situations, before you make a purchase, you should study the online store in which you are going to purchase goods. Look for information about the store on the net. Read reviews about the quality of products and services. At the same time, do not believe the enthusiastic reviews left on the store’s website, this can be done on purpose! Pay special attention to the website of the store, it must contain legal data and contact information.
Remember about buyers rights
Finally, we want to give you a few simple recommendations when buying goods in online stores. Remember that you have the same rights as customers in offline stores. Carefully read the information about the product, study its characteristics, colour, size and so on. Examine the information on payment and delivery of goods, it should be clear and accessible. Shipping cost must be specified separately. The price of the goods usually includes taxes and excludes delivery fee. If the price is specified in another currency, find information about the exchange rate in this particular online store. Detailed conditions and instructions for the return of goods must also be specified.
Conclusion: Advantages of ordering goods on the Internet are undeniable. If you choose a web store correctly, online shopping will be a pleasure for you!